Mission and activities
Athletics International (AI) supports and assists younger and emerging athletes to achieve their full potential, and helps former elite athletes to maintain an involvement in their sport. AI does this through:
- providing financial and other support to younger and emerging athletes;
- helping former elite athletes maintain a connection to their sport; and
- assisting the National and State bodies through links with former elite athletes.
- Two annual Steve Moneghetti Emerging Athlete Awards
- The annual Ron Clarke Scholarship
- A financial contribution towards the levies of those selected for Australia’s World Junior Cross Country team in Uganda (March 2017) and a competitive number of small grants to help those selected for the World University Games in Taipei (August 2017), thus complementing the activities of Athletics Australia (AA)
- A limited number of travel grants for international competition for those aiming to qualify for the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London
- An annual Distance Runners’ series of seminars at Falls Creek in late December
- Assisting AA to distribute the AA honour role Bibs: so far, Bibs distribution events have been held in Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra, Perth, Falls Creek and Sydney, with more to come
Travel grant applications are now open for those aiming to qualify for the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London
Click here for further information and to view application form
AI distributes electronic copies of its Newsletter to those for whom we have email addresses and all financial members three times a year.
Click here to read the latest edition (February 2017).
Executive and Committee
President: Marian O’Shaughnessy
Vice President: Peter Fossey
Treasurer/Registrar: Charlene Rendina, E. email@example.com
Secretary: Lynne Williams, E. firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee: Terri Cater, Denise Cunnane (Q), Susan Hobson, Sarah Klein (China), Lauren Shelley (WA), Trevor Vincent
Eligibility and how to become financial
If you have represented Australia in an Olympic or Commonwealth Games, or World Championship (T&F, Cross Country or Indoors), or held an Australian Open record, or won an Australian Open championship, you are automatically a member of Athletics International. You can become a financial member for 2016-17 by sending $40 to our Treasurer Charlene Rendina.
Via direct deposit - Account Name: Athletics International Inc, BSB: 083 251, Account number: 666 188 951 (please include your name in account description)
Via cheque made payable to Athletics International Inc., and mailed to: Athletics international, Att: Charlene Rendina, Treasurer, 40 Weidlich Rd, Eltham North VIC 3095
AI Membership is great value. It gives you subsidised entry to AI functions, and allows us to continue to organise get-togethers and assistance to our young and emerging athletes. The AA/AI Gold Pass alone allows members free entry to premier track and field meetings each season.