Athletics Australia (AA), the national governing body for the sport of Athletics in Australia, is currently recruiting for the critical role of Chief Executive Officer.
Athletics Australia is about to enter an exciting new phase in its development. This will involve the engagement of the athletics community in agreeing a new vision and strategic direction. This new direction will see considerable change in the organisation over the next few years. It will be a challenging but rewarding time to be involved.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of this sport-business and be accountable for driving and delivering the commercial and strategic priorities as agreed with the Board. To be considered for this role you will need to be a dynamic and inspirational leader, with excellent people skills and the ability to engage and develop lasting, positive relationships with a range of stakeholders. Your commercial acumen will be matched by your skill in identifying and then capitalising on opportunities, finding innovative solutions and thinking ‘outside the square’.
You will need to demonstrate a successful track record in managing and growing like-sized, multi-layered, decentralised businesses. You will have the skills to navigate through complex issues prioritising, managing and delivering outcomes that fulfil the commercial and strategic priorities of Athletics Australia.
You will have led the development and have had an active role in documenting strategic plans for large organisations, as well having an in-depth understanding of the structural, corporate governance and other challenges faced by federated associations.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Increase participation in athletics across all demographics, both in competitive and recreational activities, especially amongst young people;
- Build a sustainable and inclusive coaching framework that is world best practice and leverages off strong relationships with all stakeholders;
- Develop a sustainable high performance system that ensures consistent, world best performance at international level;
- Introduce a national competition structure that engages athletes, coaches, officials, the media and the public and raises the profile of athletics in Australia;
- Reduce reliance on government funding through the identification and exploitation of a range of commercial opportunities.
The CEO role is a full-time position based at Athletics House in Albert Park, Melbourne and reports to the Board through the President of Athletics Australia.
An attractive salary package structured to attract high quality candidates will be available, dependent upon skill level and experiences.
Applications for this position close at 11:59pm AEDST on 9 March 2015 and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please see the full position description, or call James Ceely at the Australian Sports Commission on +61 (0) 407 706 604.
CEO Position Description