Athletics Australia has published the Selection Policy for the Melanesian Regional Championships to be held in Port Villa (VAT) 9-11 May 2018.
All athletes and coaches are strongly encouraged to download and read this document in full to ensure that they are aware of the complete selection process for the 2018 Melanesian Area Championships.
- 2018 Australian Athletics Championships
- 2018 Australian Junior Athletics Championships (Under 18 only)
- A maximum of 2 athletes per event will be selected from the nominations for Under 18 and a maximum of 1 for Open. Para selections are at the discretion of selection panel.
- Selection for the Open Australian Team will be the athlete, from the nominations, who placed highest in their respective Open event at the 2018 Athletics Australia Open Championships.
- Selection for the U18 Australian Team will be a maximum of two athletes, from the nominations, who placed highest in the respective U18 event at the 2018 Athletics Australia Junior Championships.
Any Athlete who wishes to be considered for the Australian Athletics Team must nominate before closing dates
This team will follow the rules and by-laws of Athletics Australia and is being administered by Queensland Athletics. If you have any questions about this document, please contact Queensland Athletics on (07) 3343 5653 or email email@example.com
QUEENSLAND ATHLETICS - MELANESIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS