ATHLETICS AUSTRALIA HIGH PERFORMANCE DIRECTOR
Athletics Australia (AA) is the governing body for the sport of athletics in Australia. Athletics Australia's High Performance Program is funded by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) under Australia’s Winning Edge (AWE) program, with ‘whole-of-sport’ targets being the top five at the Olympic and Paralympic Games; number one at the Commonwealth Games and twenty World Champions a year. We support our high performance athletes and their coaches in partnership with the AIS, the National Institute Network and peak sporting bodies, the Australian Commonwealth Games Association and the Australian Olympic and Paralympic Committees. With a home Commonwealth Games in 2018 and a ‘local’ Olympic Games in 2020 in Tokyo, this is an exciting and challenging period for the sport.
Reporting to the CEO, the High Performance Director plays a pivotal leadership role for in Athletics Australia’s High Performance Program.
The High Performance Director will:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the HP program and be responsible for the implementation of all aspects of HP program delivery
- Work in close collaboration with the AIS, the SIS/SAS network, Member Associations and other partners and stakeholders in the planning and delivery of the athletics HP program
- Plan and lead the attendance for teams at all major benchmark events, ensuring that the environment for the Australian athletes, coaches and support staff in the lead up to and during each event is conducive to optimum performance
- Manage the HP Advisory Group, seeking input on various aspects of the development and management of the HP program as appropriate
- Ensure an appropriate level of communication with all stakeholders but particularly with athletes and coaches
- Line manage a small but dedicated group of staff responsible for the delivery of our Olympic, Paralympic and Junior HP Programs.
A detailed Position Description is available for download below.
Applications, written against the Selection Criteria, and your Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to email@example.com by 28th November 2016.
Interviews, by phone and/or Skype if necessary, will be held in the week commencing 7th December 2016. A second interview, if required, will be scheduled before Christmas.